Guest/Day Pass and Child/Dependent Pass Policies
Guest/Day Pass Policies
- Guest Passes are available for $10 and can only be purchased online. Puchase now using our new online system.
- Forms of acceptable payments are credit card. A Cornell student can bursar if a purchasing the pass for oneself (but not for a guest).
- The guest pass must be purchased on the same day it is intended to be used. Guest passes cannot be purchased for future dates.
- A guest pass can be purchased by anyone with a Cornell ID card or an individual without a Cornell ID card as long as the person is sponsored by someone with a Cornell ID card.
- A guest pass allows the individual to use the fitness centers, take group fitness classes, use the swimming pools, take part in open recreation in the HNH or Noyes gymnasiums, and access the HNH classroom and dance studio. If the individual purchasing the guest pass does not have a Cornell ID card, the sponsor must accompany the individual to the recreational activity chosen.
- All guests must be 16 years of age or older.
- Cornell students and faculty/staff members may bring their child/children to the Helen Newman Hall gymnasium, the Noyes gymnasium, and outdoor courts on central campus such as sand volleyball, basketball, and tennis for free.
- Children of Cornell students and faculty/staff members may participate in Family Swim. Please see the Family Swim page for details.
- Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by, and engaged in an activity with the parent at all times (ex. a parent cannot come to the Helen Newman Hall gymnasium, leave their child in a corner, and then go and play basketball or take a group fitness class for an hour).
- Children of Cornell staff who want to use the fitness centers, pool, and take group exercise classes must be at least 16 years old and must purchase a membership. Children between the ages of 16-17 are required to be accompanied by their parent while using the fitness centers, pools, or taking group exercise classes. Children must be between 16-26 years old and claimed as a dependent on their parents tax forms to qualify for membership. If the dependent is not a student or is a student at a college/university other than Cornell, he/she purchases a Recreation Membership through Cornell Wellness (Questions? call (607) 255-5133). If the dependent is not eligible for a CU ID card, a laminated conference pass will be issued. Please note: If the dependent is a student at Cornell, the student will purchase a membership through the Cornell Fitness Centers (Questions? call (607) 254-2824).