Cornell Recreational Services offers a wide variety of fitness, wellness, sports and open recreation activities for Cornell students, staff, faculty, retirees and their spouses/partners. Through our broad-based programs, we try to promote a healthy and holistic lifestyle throughout the campus community.
Recreational Services encompasses the Cornell Fitness Centers, Helen Newman Bowling Center, Helen Newman Hall Recreation Center, Intramural Sports, Noyes Community Recreation Center, and the Cornell University Wellness Program.
Be sure to check out all of the other possibilities available to get out, get moving and have fun!
- Hike on the Cornell Plantations Nature Trails
- Join a sports club—from archery to underwater hockey—there's something for everyone
- Skate at Lynah Rink during public skating hours
- Go backpacking or kayaking with Cornell Outdoor Education
- Choose from over 100 Physical Education classes open to students, staff and faculty each semester
Free Recreation at Cornell
Your student ID card is your ticket to free recreation on campus!
- Outdoor basketball on North or West Campus & indoor at Helen Newman and Noyes
- Open lap swimming at Helen Newman or Teagle
- Sand volleyball between Clara Dickson and Balch Hall
- Shoot pool or play table tennis at Noyes
- Tennis at Risley, Appel and Jessup courts
- Volleyball & badminton at Helen Newman or Noyes
- Take a free PE class
- Hike the Plantations trails
General equipment is available to check out.